Our community blogs
Hey all! I haven't posted here since December (gasp!) but I've been blogging. I like the changes that seem to have been made on the site!
I thought that I could just post on my WordPress blog and be fine, but I miss comments and feedback from you all! I've been up to a lot and in case you don't follow Loopville on FB, here's gist of what's happened since December:
- My first and second trainings for the Denali team were a success and I made the team! Woohoo!
- I ran the North Face Endurance Challenge D.C. 50K with Abby! If you haven't read that blog, you HAVE to! I got some great pictures out of it too.
- I've joined a new gym and have been going consistently now for a couple weeks. Gotta get strong!
- The next Denali team training is Mt. Baker, in Washington by Mt. Rainier, the week of July 4th! We'd planned to climb Rainier but didn't get approved for a permit in time. Bummer.
- I'm running the Colfax HalfMarathon on Sunday with My Team Triumph - Rocky Mtn Chapter
I've been reading a ton of running and adventure books lately!
- Scott Jurek's book, North, was outstanding!
- Denali's Howl - horrific but a good read
- Into Thin Air - also horrific but well written
- Denali's West Buttress - great tips on the route we plan to take
- Currently reading Charlie Engle's book, Running Man - I couldn't put it down last night
- Dean Karnazes's new book, The Road to Sparta
- The New Alpinism (plus training log)
- A Woman's Place Is at the Top
Do you have any running/adventure book suggestions?
That's about it for now. I promise I start posting here again. Have a great weekend and good luck if you're racing!