Although, I decided the legs were ready for a tempo run and did 5 pushing it during Monday's 7. Between a potty stop at the gas station and traffic lights it was almost more an interval workout than a tempo, but I'm calling it anyway. There was a little stretch in Sammy the Hammy, but wasn't too bad. 8:16, 8:19, 7:59, 8:24, 7:55. Works out to 8:11 average, which is actually about where I want to be, although keep in mind that was only 5 miles.
Saturday's long run was a dreadmill torture session. I broke it up into 3-4 sections because it was just too awful. Watched a couple of weird movies on Prime. The first one was called Scorched Earth. Post-apocalyptic bounty hunter thing with guns, explosions and stuff. Then there was Dark Valley, an English-dubbed Swiss film. It was basically a western set in the Alps. Horses, guns, a Clint Eastwood character out for revenge on the bad guys who terrorized the small town. Obviously, I had finished The Man in the High Castle earlier in the week.
This week's weather has been much better. Cold, but the sun is out and the roads are clear, so I've been outside every day.
T-Rex is obsessed with the Masked Singer. It's completely ridiculous, but I am interested in who they have on. And I wonder how in the world the audience votes off Chaka Khan before Gronkowski.
This list started going around facebook this week.
* Favorite pie? apple (duh)
* How old are you? 61
* How many tattoos: 0
* Ever hit a deer? two - once in Provo Canyon, once somewhere in Wyoming
* Rode in an ambulance? does life flight helicopter count? (funny story)
* Ice skated: yes
* Rode a motorcycle: yes
* Stayed in hospital: a few times
* Last cell phone call: Mrs. Dave
* Last text from: Mrs. Dave
* Watched someone die: no
* Pepsi or Coke: if I had to choose, Pepsi
* Favorite season: Fall - best running weather
* Broken bones: ankle, thumb, finger
* Favorite color: green
* Sunrise or Sunset: Sunrise
* Ocean or Mountains: Mountains