Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Country

    United States

Everything posted by amarie2009

  1. amarie2009

    Getting Personal

    As a single 35, almost 36 woman who always wanted to get married and have kids but hasn't, I hate when people ask. It's a raw subject. I don't know why I've never met a guy I even remotely wanted to marry. Guys in general don't seem that interested except for a few that seemed to think they could take advantage of some assumed desperation. Nope. People assure me I'll met someone when the time is right (or they say why not on-line dating, because it gives me massive anxiety that's why), but I am to the point where I'm pretty sure my time has passed. My dream is to strike up a conversation with a great single guy during a race or something but that hasn't happened either. Now that I'm in grad school, working full time and running, I have almost no free time. So there's that too. He'd have to be a runner if he wanted to see me...
  2. amarie2009

    The week in running and cooking with Shalane

    Happy New Year all! A solid week in running. I haven’t really ventured into speedwork yet, but I will soon. I signed up for the GO St. Louis Half Marathon on New Year’s Eve just before the price went up $10. There is a new course that they just released at a special event on Saturday (available online soon). Since I was running at Forest Park where the event was I got to see it without a special trip. The race is staying on the Missouri side this time and is now a point to point from Forest Park to the riverfront downtown, in a roundabout way. It should be interesting. It’s been warm this week. No winter weather here. Miles – Monday – 5 to hit 100 for the month of Dec. Tuesday – 3.5 with a group of runners from right around where I live Wednesday – 0, first day back at work and I had to take my car in for an oil change before work. I could have run while they were working on my car, but I didn’t want to deal with the logistics. Thursday – 4.4 back to running in the dark after almost 2 weeks of being able to wait until daylight Friday – 3.1, my flat easy route. Saturday – 8.1 with Team in Training. Same distance as last week because my weekday total was higher and I’m being careful. Sunday (today) – Rest. I should have walked more, but I have work to do for classes again, and we celebrated my dad’s birthday. I did do my core routine. I really need to make sure I do this at least 4x a week, to help prevent the injury situation that kept me out of my fall marathon. Other news – Izzie seems better. I finished with giving her the daily antibiotic injections on Friday, much to the relief of both of us. Her follow up visit with the vet is tomorrow. I hope he can tell me the infection looks like it is really gone this time (I doubt he can give me complete reassurance but hopefully his professional opinion is that she looks good). Cooking with Shalane I got both of her cookbooks for Christmas and I’ve been trying out some of the recipes. So far I’ve made 5, but I’ll really slow down once work, school and marathon training get going. I’ve tried the Apple Cheddar Scones (good, but I made a couple of mistakes on this one that mean it could have been better), Flu Fighter Chicken and Rice Stew (awesome, will make again), Honey Cardamom Granola* (excellent, but since I didn’t have cardamom, I just used pumpkin pie spice so also different), Turkey Trot Meatballs (so good and I had these for dinner tonight), and Purple Cabbage Slaw (also good, also dinner tonight). I’ve liked everything I’ve tried so far. But some of the ingredients called for are a little hard to find. I plan on making the black bean burgers, but they call for tahini which I wasn’t able to find at the grocery store. She also points out that sometimes they call for more expensive ingredients, which is worth it for quality and health sake, except that when you make less than a certain amount it just isn’t going to work. So far I’ve stuck with the recipes that call for mostly basic ingredients. I am probably not going to spring for bison meat. Beef will have to substitute. Aldi has some organic beef that isn’t too pricey.
  3. amarie2009

    The case of the missing tablet.

    Super weird they found a similar but older tablet, sent it to you (eventually) and it turned out to be from a business nearby while yours never turned up in any way...
  4. amarie2009

    Working off those biscuits

    I kept up with the running over the holidays, but I also ate every bit of sugary stuff that I came across. Zero self control. Now I'm paying the price in a few extra pounds...
  5. amarie2009

    The week in running and cooking with Shalane

    These are the turkey trot meatballs so at least ground turkey is pretty cheap.
  6. amarie2009

    2018 Running Highlights

    Happy New Year! Hope 2019 brings lots of healthy, happy, thankful miles, for you, for me and everyone.
  7. amarie2009

    Ups and Downs and Rainy Days

    I last posted September 6th. That Sunday I ran a half marathon, and then started Master’s Degree classes in Nutrition on the following Monday. Once that started I was writing a ton for my classes, working full time and still running. Loop time dwindled to nothing more than an occasional quick visit to read and comment. It’s been a busy and challenging almost 4 months since then. More downs than ups but given what could be it’s hard to justify complaining. (But oh!) Lots of rain though. The half marathon was wet, wet, wet – run in the pouring rain and wind of the remnants of a gulf coast hurricane. I didn’t run it for speed on the hilly course – instead I aimed for full marathon goal pace, which I did successfully finishing in 2:14. I did not feel super optimistic however about this being possible for full distance, but I still had until late November to train, so there was time. Parked and hiding from the rain while I wait for the race to start. Classes started and I got very busy. 6 hours of graduate work while working full time (with 40 minute commute each way on average) and training for a marathon didn’t leave me much time for anything else. Those graduate classes also meant a lot of time writing on the computer so when I didn’t need to be writing for classes I couldn’t get myself to do it for any other reason. So I didn’t bloop. My classes (Life Cycle Nutrition and Nutrition Science) were challenging but went well. Usually the big due dates each week were the same for both classes but I got A’s in both so I met the challenge. I don’t know yet what the work will look like for the next set of classes. 1 trimester of classes down, 5 to go…if all goes as planned I’ll be done September 2020. Next up was my first trail half. It was in Kirksville, MO where I went to college. I got to spend the weekend with a friend who also ran the race. Overall it was a really fun weekend. I had been running all summer at least once a week on trails to prepare. Something I didn’t do was run on trails in the rain. I also didn’t buy trail shoes to wear for just one race since they’d been ok on the trails so far. I don’t know if either of these things would have prevented what happened next, but they might have helped. Yet again my race day was pouring rain (no wind this time). The trails were beautiful, but super slick. I fell twice, but didn’t feel any direct injuries from that. However nearly every step on the 11.5 miles of the half that were on the single track trail I slipped and slid. There was so much sideways stress and general instability that I’m not used to. After the relatively easy paced road half that I ran in 2:14, this race took 3:03. It was a hilly race, but almost every bit of that time was because much of the time I couldn’t run because of how slick it was. I expected to be sore in the days after. Initially it wasn’t bad, and I actually felt better than I expected. The 3 hour drive home the next day was uncomfortable, but not terrible. My neck was actually more sore than anything else at this point. (Probably from driving since I hate driving and I tend to hold on to the steering wheel super tightly) I didn’t really take a break from marathon training, just making this a cut back week so I continued to run as planned throughout the following week. My back ached a little but not too badly. Until Friday’s run. A mile in I knew something was different. In denial I kept going for another half mile (away from home!) until I knew this felt a lot like something I was familiar with. But I still had to get home. I made it home, and I knew I was probably going to miss some time running. My SI joint was angry again. Hopefully not as bad as last time but it wasn’t something I’d be able to run through. Despite the final result I’d really like to do this race again. If it’s not raining! This race was super well run, the course was beautiful and super well groomed. It has lots of up and downs and its share of roots and rocks, but is still seems like a good race for all levels of trail runner. Many chiropractor visits and much downtime later, my full marathon came and went and I didn’t run it. (Actually, it rained for that race too, plus there was a fire in the hotel I would have stayed in, so my friend had to find somewhere else to stay that turned out to be a dump, plus it was cold…it would have been quite the adventure) I was only up to running 6 miles the weekend of the race. This was another DNS for me. Not quite as crushing as the first one but that may partly be because of everything else going on. Since then I am finally back to running relatively normally although I’m still trying to be good about my core exercises that I was given *which I still need to do today. I’m slower again. Frustrating. But small problems. During all of this there was another challenge in my life. Just before my trail half I noticed my cat Izzie had a wound/injury to her inner left rear leg. A visit to the vet resulted in an antibiotic shot. The wound healed, but then came back. We went around this cycle several times until earlier this month, when it was determined the infection might be coming from the metal implant she got 8 years ago when she broke that leg. We were referred to the same specialist she saw back then. It took 2 more weeks to actually get in to see that vet. They did x-rays, and it wasn’t the implant. But that meant it was still a resistant bacterial infection. Normally they would prescribe pills but giving Izzie pills is nearly impossible. (Even for vets!) So after some discussion they reluctantly prescribed an injectable antibiotic that can cause kidney damage. I have to do the injections, we’re halfway through now. I hate doing it, and I don't think I'm doing a great job, but I don't know if I could get her to actually swallow 2 weeks of pills. It looks better I think, but because of the nature of the wound (it’s small, but a puncture) it takes a while to heal and doesn’t really look a lot different until right before it closes completely. Her follow up is a week from Monday. I will say that through all of this she’s otherwise been fine and acted normally. Cats hide pain well, but she’s never seemed sick at all. I’m trying not to be anxious after practically tearing myself apart over this (and classes and etc) but it’s hard. Even when it heals I will have a hard time relaxing since the skin has healed over before even though the infection was apparently still lingering. I feel fine. And I really like this ornament. It's mine now. Next up…the new trimester for school, fundraising, marathon training, trying to be better about keeping the house clean, I could go on. My books are on the way, I still need to make the tuition payment. I need to get started on my new round of fundraising for Team in Training/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Lord willing, I’m planning on running the New Jersey Marathon in late April. (I hear there might be a few loopsters planning on being there…) I will try to write at least a really short bloop sooner than a post New Jersey RR, but I make no promises…
  8. amarie2009

    Ups and Downs and Rainy Days

    I stayed about that stressed about the classes, but it got worse dealing with the injury and Izzie's issue. Hopefully all of that is behind me now. (Well Izzie's not better yet, and my classes start again in a little over a week, but at least I'm not injured at the moment!)
  9. amarie2009

    Letter to an Injured Runner

    " It's okay to think, "Who am I to be so distraught over this when so many people have so many bigger problems?" while simultaneously having a breakdown." SO MUCH YES. Besides the (98% better now) back injury, it's been a little bit rough last 3-4 months for me. I run for Team in Training fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society so I'm always super aware of people who are dealing with so much more than than me, but I still struggle. Wednesday my first semester of master's degree classes end and I might finally be able to write and post an update.
  10. amarie2009

    CIM 2018 RR

    Congrats! What a great race!
  11. amarie2009

    The Cross-Training Chronicles: October Recap

    I'm missing my fall marathon due to injury as well. All because of slipping and sliding all over in the mud during my first trail half marathon. I loved the race, but as for the injury, it's a bummer. My SI joint in my back got all angry. I have not been so enthusiastic with my crosstraining. Hope you are back to running soon!
  12. amarie2009

    Indy Women’s Half: You don’t know, until you know

    Why don't we listen to the voice of wisdom? Glad you are feeling better as of this post (hope you are really feeling better by now). You have the best attitude.
  13. amarie2009

    FIVE MILES! More on the new watch. Hood to Coast.

    As I just started grad school, I can be pretty sure I won't have the time or the money for Hood to Coast. At least not for the next 2 years.
  14. amarie2009

    Sore, flat, broke, but it's going to be ok

    The very first sentence of my grad school reading and it's all about why I finally decided to get started... Workouts have been going well until the last couple days where I guess the miles in the heat are catching up with me a bit. I ran a slow 17 on Saturday, which was actually an extra mile but because of the nature of group runs I walked close to a mile anyway. Monday was on the trail and went ok. For the first time in 3 weeks I avoided some nasty plant (stinging nettle I think) that attacked me the previous 2 weeks. Tuesday’s speedwork was right on what it should have been, but Wednesday’s long midweek run of 8 miles was rough. I never felt good and what would normally be my super easy pace felt hard. I tried to go a little faster and just couldn’t. My left calf and foot were complaining, and later after the run my right ankle joined the grumpy chorus. Today I was supposed to do a tempo run with 2 miles at half marathon pace. I couldn’t get there. I was a minute too slow on each of my tempo miles. Tomorrow is a cross train or rest day. Usually I cross train, but this time I’m taking the day off. I have a half marathon on Saturday – and the remnants of hurricane Gordon are going to make it a wet one. Not exactly looking forward to that, but at least I won’t overheat! No real time goal – I’m not in shape to PR, and I’ve been extra tired and sore this week. I hit almost 40 miles last week, which is a big week for me. (And not even the peak for this training plan). Last month was big, but not huge. Both pairs of shoes I’m wearing are at about 200 miles. They still have miles left in them, but I know that I’ll feel better if I get a newer pair to rotate in. The budget really won’t like that, but injuries cost more. I saw the chiropractor today and because of the high miles, soreness and race he wants to see me again next week. Usually I go once a month. The budget doesn’t like that either. I’ve been using some HSA account money so it’s not quite as bad as it could be, but I don’t have a ton of money there either. You know what else hit my budget? After I ran this morning and got ready for work I sat down in my car, started it and was promptly informed I had low tire pressure. A quick look showed my right rear tire was completely flat with a nail in it. My attempt to change the tire was quickly thwarted by extremely tight lug nuts. Fortunately, my car insurance includes roadside assistance. They actually came really quickly and had the donut tire on in about 5 minutes. I asked the guy how many of those he does a day, and he said 15! No wonder he could do it so fast. I took the car to the repair place and waited and waited and waited. I didn’t have an appointment and there were a lot of people in front of me. Finally they informed me they were working on it, but they couldn’t patch the tire so I had to buy a new one. Budget says ouch again. I made it to work by lunchtime. Good thing I have vacation time… My Master’s Degree classes start this coming week. I’m still nervous about whether I can still do this school thing or not. I finally got my last textbook yesterday. I bought school supplies for the first time in about 13 years last weekend, but I forgot to get some sort of planner. I’ll need it, lots of deadlines to keep track of. I’ve already done a bit of reading today while waiting for my car, but it’s dense stuff. Not sure how much of this I’ll need to know from memory. Once my race is over Saturday I’ll be dedicating time to planning out my studies for the first week. Various trail pics...
  15. amarie2009

    Week 3 Complete: Definitely a better week

    I'd say some sort of tendon/other soft tissue issue. I'm dealing with the same sort of thing in my foot. I'm a little worried because even if it's only that for me, it's what kept me from running St. Jude Memphis last year and it took a long time to get over. (It was MUCH worse last year though).
  16. amarie2009

    Bullet Points

    Yay for pain free running however out of shape you are. Fall may be supposed to show up in 3 weeks, but I hope it makes an early appearance in 1.5 for my first half of the season.
  17. amarie2009

    RR - Cypress Run 5K

    6 months off without any illness would take you pretty close to back to zero. Plus you're still healing. Good job, good progress. Keep it up!
  18. amarie2009

    You may want to skip this one.

    So sorry. (And boo on Blue Cross)
  19. amarie2009

    Doing stuff that scares me (some RR some not)

    I’ve been stuck and unhappy for a long time. I love my coworkers, but not my job. It’s boring and pretty much a dead end. It doesn’t pay well (money isn’t everything, but it would sure be nice not to worry if I’ll be able to pay rent/car/food/etc. every month. My running is my outlet, but even that had gotten to be routine and I wasn’t really getting anywhere. My personal life was (and still is) lonely. I’ve always been an introvert and not a social butterfly, but that doesn’t mean I don’t get lonesome. That’s the bad, but this isn’t a bloop to complain. I’ve know I need to do something different, but I haven’t even known where to begin. A couple years ago I looked into becoming a registered dietitian but because I graduated more than 10 years ago I would have to retake a bunch of undergrad classes and even if that wasn’t an issue I’d have to go without a full time job (because classes were only available full time) for 2 years at least and probably 3. Not possible. Then I heard an ad for a Master’s Degree in nutrition. While not a RD it would still open up a whole new area of employment that would be a lot more interesting. Could I make it work? Can I? I’m doing it. I start my first classes next month. I’m excited. It’s going to be so interesting and I’m excited to start. I’m a little “scared” too. I’m already busy. How will I fit it in? I haven’t started yet, so I don’t know how, but I will make it work. Some stuff may get cut. Loop time is already pretty low – right now I’m multitasking by writing this at the dealership while the oil gets changed in my car. Almost everyone in the program is also working full time. It’s online, but also a real physical school in the area that has a good reputation. (not worried about it being a scam) I knew I couldn’t keep going the way I was. I’m nervous, but I’m really happy about this. I feel myself finally moving forward. Which is scary, but scary like a roller coaster. I know this is something good. I haven’t and won’t leave running behind. I already run in the early morning hours at a time I’d sleep or not do much besides eat breakfast if I wasn’t running. I’m also doing something in running that scares me – Trails! I’ve always been afraid of trails because I’m clumsy. I don’t fall a lot on smooth sidewalks but running over roots and rocks always seemed like more than I wanted to tackle. But now I’m doing it. I am so slow at it! I’ve fallen a bunch of times already and (mildly) sprained my ankle. The little trail I’ve been running is such a nice change of pace. Except for the spiderwebs. Those aren’t so nice. I’ve tried the stick method, but it doesn’t work very well. There is a new scary goal behind this – I’m running a trail half marathon this fall! I suppose it might have been smarter to start with a shorter trail race closer to home, but this half is near where I went to college and I can stay with (and maybe run with) an old friend. I can’t believe I’m doing this either. But my running had gotten stagnant too. No time like the present to try a new challenge, right? A less scary running challenge is to continue to pursue a sub 4:30 marathon. The fact that I’m running the Route 66 marathon as the “World’s Shortest Ultra” might interfere with that being my official time, but since it’s only about 4 blocks extra maybe not. I don’t think I’m there yet. Running is going well overall. Paces are slower than I’d like, but it’s summer so that plays a role. Summer started early with very hot humid weather all through May, June and most of July. But there have been some more nice days lately. Maybe summer will break early since it started early? For right now, the heat and humidity are back. My tempo was a slog this morning. I wanted 9 minute miles for my tempo pace, and only managed around an average of 9:20. It was warm and humid, but I wish I could have gotten closer. I had been running my weekly tempos at the high school track, but classes are about to start and I think early morning football practice has started already, limiting access to the track. It’s better to be on the road anyway, or at least more realistic, but I liked being able to measure out my pace so easily. This morning’s run was a strong indication that running a sub 2 road half next month won’t happen. Sub 2 there was a long shot anyway, it’s a hilly race and early September is likely to be too warm here for optimal speed. But the half was only $35 with all the usual goodies when I signed up so it’s worth it. I expect I’ll be closer to 3 hours on the trail half in October. Added next day – I didn’t get to post this last night, so I’ll add a little about my run this morning. I had a mostly very nice 4 miles on my little trails. That’s most miles I’ve done at once on these trails. There was a lot of running out and doubling back but that’s ok. I can’t beat the convenience even if there probably only about 2 miles total of trail to run. I was surprised when I saw 3-4 deer this morning – it’s a very small bit of woods. I also got bit by a horsefly which was the only not nice part of my run. I was running along when all of the sudden I felt like I was being jabbed in my calf with a needle or a thorn. I looked down and an inch long or longer fly was on my calf sitting surrounded by a spreading spot of blood on my compression sock! Ouch! Ick! Fortunately I didn’t get a huge welt or have it be crazy itchy the rest of today. The fall line up is set. Vine to Wine Half in Greenville, IL September 8th. F*L*A*T*S (But not flat! It takes place in 1000 Hills State Park) trail half near Kirksville, MO October 6th. Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa OK November 18th. Plus starting grad school. I’ve got some big challenges ahead. I’m a little scared, but also very excited. Finally getting some forward motion! Now to share some pics from my little bit of trail... Not a special effect - it really looked like this. Humidity you can see...
  20. amarie2009

    Doing stuff that scares me (some RR some not)

    I've done it once, but then got hurt (not running related) right after and it really took me back almost to where I started. I think I've also been focusing a lot more on the marathon and I have a hard time running really long and fast at shorter distances at the same time. I'm getting closer. But I don't have any races planned that are good PR races for the half planned.
  21. amarie2009

    Summer Update

    To early to say on paces. The heat holds everyone back, I'm hoping summer breaks soon. (Around here, that's unlikely, probably at least a month to go)
  22. amarie2009

    39.3 Miles of Maine Coast Birthday Fun!

    Congrats on a great pair of races! Sub 2/Sub 4 is impressive.
  23. It's all relative. I've been trying for 4:30 in a marathon since I started and never gotten there. I'm hoping Tulsa in November will be my race. But it might not be. Boston isn't ever going to happen. There's the people it's easy for, the people who can do it but really have to work (and may miss out because it fills up) and the people who more or less don't bother considering it because it's way beyond what they're ever likely to be able to do. There is nothing wrong with you. Reading about your Buffalo makes me feel a little bad about quitting Nashville last year. I probably could have walked it. If they didn't close the course. Then again I had an awful headache for hours after the race. As far as triathlons go, I'm not surprised at all you would consider an Ironman, honestly I figured it was when not if. It may be even harder not to put pressure on yourself there though, because from bloops you've written you might be an even more talented triathlete than runner.
  24. amarie2009


    I still call it blooping...it is loopsters.org after all.
  25. amarie2009

    Guitar, trails, ankles, PR, heat

    Wow, it's been a while since I've written. I've been running, and it's even been a little more interesting than usual, but I've also been filling in for a coworker (but I'm hourly and not allowed to work overtime, so I've got to do more in the same amount of time) and I was doing streak of daily guitar practice that I ended on the 4th at 128 days that left me zero mental energy by the end of the day. I've also been mulling over starting a graduate degree in nutrition. I think I'll actually fill out the application this weekend. Do I have to do that now that I've said it publicly? I've actually started talking about it like I'm really going to do it. The expense and time commitment are the biggest concern. I think I can expand my mental energy to take a couple of classes. I hope so! There are things I may have to drop, but running won't be one of them. I'll certainly have even less time to write here when I start that. (But you might get extra nutrition advice when I do! Or not, because that's so fraught with strong opinions if you're not looking for the advice) This picture is so huge...day 100 of guitar practice. I'm still bad at it. I play more classical style because I have short fingers and small hands and it's really hard to hit the chords. I'm working on it... It's been super hot, but I've been working away. I started on my marathon plan for the Route 66 marathon in Tulsa OK this November. It actually meant a cutback in miles I was doing but soon I'll be back where I was and increasing from there. Running has mostly been good, but the trail running has been...challenging. There are the constant spiderwebs. I posted a picture of the trail to instagram and facebook with a caption about destroying the work of hundreds of spiders. It's not an exaggeration, and it's very unpleasant. I can just picture the streams of webs trailing from my body (and face!) with all the spiders hanging on for dear life as I try to wipe them away before immediately hitting another web. I've tried the stick waving method, but it doesn't help me be less clumsy and it doesn't work well. I'm not the most coordinated person, but running on sidewalks or roads I don't fall down much, make it at all technical and it's a whole new game. Besides the terrain I want to look around because running in the woods is beautiful and that never works out well. It's not a super easy trail (though I don't have pictures of the more challenging portions yet), but I've fallen and twisted/sprained my ankle twice already. I lose focus for a second and I step on something and fall down. This week a walnut took me out. Naturally, it was otherwise the smoothest, widest, flattest part of the trail. I'm cruising happily along and boom! I step on the darn walnut, my ankle rolls and I'm in the dirt. Somehow, when I fall it's my left side that hits the ground even though I stepped on the nut with my right foot. Easy parts of the trail. Close the where the walnut got me. I had a chiropractor appointment already scheduled for that afternoon so I was able to have him look at it. He looked at it, felt around, moved my foot and concluded I hadn't wrecked myself too badly. Partly due to all the balance work and exercises he's been having me do. Turns out "Prehab" works. My body was able to pull itself somewhat out of the fall and I ended over correcting sort of and that's how I landed on my left side with a minor sprain, instead of continuing the ankle roll and probably having to hop out of the woods on one foot. Not sure how I'd have gotten home if I'd really hurt myself. My sister was out of town so I couldn't call her like I would if she was around. (This has never been necessary, hopefully it stays that way) It's so hot it's hard to tell, but I think I'm getting faster. On the 4th I ran a 3k (yup I mean 3k). It started too late in the morning and it was BLAZING hot. Usually I'd warm up, but I felt like I'd be better off just trying to keep "cool" for as long as possible. I also decided to run hard, but not push it because it was already 90* and it's not like I was going to win the thing. I didn't want to feel terrible the rest of the day. However, based on my result I wish I'd have tried just a little harder...for the second time this year was 4th in my AG by less than 5 seconds. Grrr. Oh well. It's not like I need the little plastic trophy. But this one bugs me a bit more than the last because I feel like I had that 5 seconds in me for sure. I did not see the woman who beat me just in front of me, but if we'd gotten in a duel she might have beaten me anyway. But it would have been nice to know I'd tried. I'll never know if I could have beaten her. It was however a PR of about 10 seconds for the distance and the course. I was surprised by that. This morning was another sweat fest, but I felt really good otherwise. My ankle thankfully didn't complain - I hadn't run since I fell on Wednesday, just some elliptical time yesterday. It was good to have my Team in Training group. I like running alone ok, but having other people to run with is nice when I can. I wouldn't want to do either 100% of the time. Lotus blooming in Forest Park a couple weeks ago. Sunrise this morning, already 80*+, dewpoint over 75. Ick. When's fall? Teammates and I at the top of Art Hill. We don't look like it's hot out at all do we? Sorry friends if you stumble on this...I haven't added your names to it anyway. And 3 of the 4 of us took similar photos so it's ok right?