- Tuesday - Sunny and 31. Took a chance that the walks would be clear enough. They were, for the most part. Did have to stop my out section a tad short and add on at the end to get the full six miles. Stopped at the rehab center where the Amazing Amanda has fixed me up a few times. The last time I was there was August, working on the knee. I don't know if they cared, but I thought it would be nice to drop in and say hi. Sadly, it appears that Tuesday is their early day and they were gone. But the receptionist remembered me and promised to pass along my best to the team. Maybe some other day that's not a Tuesday I'll try again. Between taking it easy and stepping over ice patches, it was a little slow. 8:53 average.
- Wednesday - More snow. Stayed in and did the resistance bands and weights.
- Thursday - 39o marathon
- Friday - A little chillier than Thursday, but still nice. 36o. Averaged 8:15 again. The middle four were all at or under 8:00. I'm not actually feeling very strong about now, but the times don't lie. Gotta be those stairs.
- Saturday - 10 miles. There were 12 on the plan, but since the previous week was supposed to be 33 - I ran, 5 - and last week was supposed to be 37 it seemed to make sense to take a couple off. Still feeling OK, but no need to push it. The first eight flew by pretty well, most miles in the mid-8's. The last two were tougher. My right ankle started feeling kind of weird - weak, sore, something - but I was able to hold on well enough. Didn't get started until 5:30 pm, making it dark for the final couple of miles. Haven't run in the dark for awhile. Good run. 26 for the week.
- Sunday - Rest. 50 mph wind gusts. Good day to rest.
- Monday - Six miles. Cold (28) and windy (20 mph). During the day at work the ankle was still off, made me worry something was going on. At the start of the run there was that, as well as a spot on the shin - stress fracture? - but they both went away and other than being tired for no real reason, so I guess not. Sort of slow. 8:53 average.
- Tuesday - Six more. Colder (20) but not as windy (6 mph). No trouble with the ankle. 8:31.
Next week start the official training plan for Vermont. Wanted to be at 40 miles by now, so I'll have to be careful about adding speed. Just one tempo run per week on Tuesdays will be my only speed. Maybe some more later, if things go well.
And, don't forget, this weekend is the Snowbuster Race Festival. Supposed to be 2-3 more inches of snow that day, so maybe I'll go Friday.