More snow and cold temps. Ice all over the place. Only one actual run last week - 5 miles that was mostly OK. Did have to run on some crusty grass for a way, then duck into a neighborhood so I could use the street. Three stair sessions, including 45 minutes as my Saturday long run. Another storm coming in tomorrow morning, but it's supposed to turn to rain by afternoon and then the daily highs are going to push 50 by the weekend. Hoping that'll be enough to clear things out and I can safely get outside. First four build up weeks on the plan were supposed to be 30, 35, 37 and 33. What happened was 6, 9, 22 and 5. Seems I'm a tad behind. No worries, really. The stairs seem to be keeping me fit and my 12 week plan is aggressive enough that I can trim a fair amount and still be ready by the end of May. My heart of course wants to attack 3:20 again, but my head knows better. They're likely to be debating things right up until Memorial Day Weekend.
Supposed to be at 37 miles this week, with a long run of 12. The first is not happening, but if the weatherman is correct, the second is doable. It'll be a slow 12, but it'll be 12.
The Saturday after that is the Snowbuster Pikermi, which will also be slower than I prefer, but we'll see what happens. Not important. I knew this would happen when I decided to take winter off-ish. I knew I'd lose some miles. I'm still going to complain about it, though. That's my right as a runner and a human being.
Speaking of the Snowbuster, make sure you have next weekend circled on your calendars. Invite all your runner friends - the more the merrier.
Wedding plans continue apace. The kids should have the announcements out this week or next. Mrs. Dave is still having major issues with her lack of control over the process, being unable to find the dress she wants. We got my suit last weekend. Suppose I needed another one anyway. I have a few that don't really fit anymore, so maybe I can convince her they should be donated.
The other current crisis is transportation. We've got T-Rex to agree that she needs to stay home and work on her anxiety this spring, so she'll be with us. In exchange, we plan to make a short trip to Idaho, letting her visit school friends and picking up her warm weather clothes. Major complications for getting there and coming home afterwards, not to mention the expense. Detroit to Seattle, Seattle to Rexburg, Rexburg to Detroit. We're getting uber-creative with flights, car rentals, shuttles, stage coaches, canoes, and trail running. So far, it's all hovering just at or under $2,000. Not sure this is all worth the couple hundred we might save with one plan over the others. Going to be quite the adventure.