Jump to content

Bloop

  • entries
    918
  • comments
    9,351
  • views
    37,799

Contributors to this blog

Giving this a try.

Speet63

1,326 views

I'm giving this a try. I'm not running as much as I used to run. I no longer consider myself a "runner." I run when time allows and I feel like running. I try to run one "longish" run per week. I do not enter races anymore and I don't follow a training plan. There's much more to my life than running now. I stopped "blooping" a while back because all I do is run when I'm running. Most of the things that happen when I run are forgotten by the time I stop running. I'm going to try to post something once in a while on this site to see if I can get back into the swing of remembering anything that happens on my run. Wish me luck.

raccoonkitty.jpg.1d7a9e1a6876f7f7305f8259f5dfecf7.jpg

  • Like 8


28 Comments


Recommended Comments



"Do or do not. There is no try." And you DID!

Like it or not, agree or disagree, I'm going to call you a runner. Runner!

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

I can really, REALLY relate to this feeling and have stopping thinking of myself as a runner. But then I see someone chugging along with a hydration pack and my immediate reaction is, oh, I wish I could go with them... and I know nothing inside has really changed.

  • Like 2

Share this comment


Link to comment

Love seeing you posting, Speet!  It sucks when it feels like you cannot get into the groove, huh?

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 minutes ago, tinkbot said:

I can really, REALLY relate to this feeling and have stopping thinking of myself as a runner. But then I see someone chugging along with a hydration pack and my immediate reaction is, oh, I wish I could go with them... and I know nothing inside has really changed.

Especially on the first few cool mornings of fall - like this morning! My route to work takes me past a little trail where people are always out walking their dogs, biking, etc. and it never fails that when I see someone out cruising along, I get a pang of remembrance... 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 minutes ago, meowmom said:

Especially on the first few cool mornings of fall - like this morning! My route to work takes me past a little trail where people are always out walking their dogs, biking, etc. and it never fails that when I see someone out cruising along, I get a pang of remembrance... 

Right?? Sigh. Hang in there and do what you can! Best of luck with your ongoing recovery.

Share this comment


Link to comment

You can always make stuff up if you have no recollection of what happens during your run. I'm looking forward to some Speet bloops! :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Speet63 said:

raccoon lite.jpg

But Miller Lite dude?!! At least have the decency to photoshop a decent brewskie in there... ; p

Share this comment


Link to comment
19 minutes ago, meowmom said:

But Miller Lite dude?!! At least have the decency to photoshop a decent brewskie in there... ; p

 

raccoon drunk.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment

I'm in the same boat: How many miles do I need to run before I call myself a runner? The last race I registered for was 5 years ago (I think) The desire is there and with one longish run a week, it sounds to me like you are up and running :-)  

I love the raccoon with the kitten. Looks like my boyfriends youngest holding his kitten.  

Share this comment


Link to comment

I thought we were all just making this stuff up. I'll have to bring a notepad next time out.

Share this comment


Link to comment

i fully understand this and feel this 100%. although, i still try to believe i am a runner when I sign up for races that might not be totally realistic. but, at the end of the day, running is just my thing i do to get away from my thoughts and other people- no schedules, no training plan. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...