Well, that was embarrassing.
I signed onto the new Loop on Saturday night, shortly after enjoying one adult beverage. It was fairly simple. Just fill in all the fields, upload a picture, press enter -- then OMG -- I SPELLED MY FREAKING SCREEN NAME WRONG. COMPLUSIVE? Really? You, the English major, the writer, the proofreader can't put the letters in the right order? What the hell is wrong with you?
Determined to fix things before anyone noticed, I started toggling and googling like a madwoman. But in the end it became clear that only the administrator could solve the problem. It took a couple of days before I could connect with Cliff, but he came through and now I can stop loathing myself. (The last time I was this embarrassed about a spelling error was in 7th grade when I was about to be crowned the school champion, but took my eye off the prize just long enough to get robbed by my 5th grade brother. On an incredibly simple word. I swear the judge said "eightieth" not "eighth." Still cringing from that one).
Anyway, a brief running recap.
- Injured in March, had to abandon Boston training.
- Resumed in May or so. Back to about 25 mpw. No speedwork, just easy miles.
- Used my downtime to get a little more compulsive about strength training. Pretty consistent now, thanks to a small group in Loopville, some of whom just killed their fall marathons.
- Really inspired by last weekend's marathoners and ultramarathoners. Googling spring marathons now, but not sure my body can handle it.
- Seeing a new massage therapist who's working on my terrible posture (which is probably a key contributor to my injuries).
- Had to wear full tights, mittens, earband and two layers on top this morning. Not ready for that.
- Planning to "race" a double (5K +10K) with Chris (NC Athlete) in November. There will be pie afterwards.
- Having a ton of fun encouraging a friend who's running her first-ever half marathon in November. She's 56 (just a kid ) - and never believed she could do something like this. It's such a kick to be there when she hits new milestones.
That's about it for now. One last thank you to Cliff (if he's reading this) for helping me put my world back in order.