I prefer the word autumn over fall. I'm odd that way. I'm odd in lots of ways. Go figure.
Autumn running conditions in northern Michigan can be dicey and moody. One day it may be a nice day and the next is horizontal rain and wind and in the 40's. Well, not this year! It's been one glorious day after another with incredible colors and blue sunny skies. I guess it's our "dessert before dinner" because they are predicting a LOT of snow for us this winter. We'll go from glorious color to solid white soon I'm sure. I decided to run at lunch time today since it's Sunday and I had a full plate of things to do this morning. I ran to the Black River and back and got my total weekly miles over 20. 18 running miles and 2 walking miles. That's the most mileage of any kind in quite a while. I remember so many reasons why I love running. I'm glad I'm back at it but don't plan on doing any racing except maybe the local Turkey Trot if I can squeeze it into my budget.
The sunrises have been equally stunning....
The temps are crazy though!! Mid 70's in late October? When I was a kid, our Halloween costumes always had to fit over our snow pants, winter jacket and boots. This was today for my run.... that was a bit WARM for me actually but I soaked it in knowing that our high in 48 hours will be 50F and in a week they are predicting our first snow.
I have loved taking pictures of the amazing colors this year... take this one for instance.. it's sumac and the reds they can display are fantastic! This group was on the side of the road right near my grandma's house. She's pushing 94 now and still lives at home on her own and drives during the day.
Lastly... the house update.....
No good news so far. The sellers have a full price cash offer waiting behind mine and right now the sellers don't want to extend my purchase contract because the mortgage company is slower than molasses in January and if my contract expires, the other buyers move into action. That means they can sell the house for more money since my bank won't be ready before the contract expires and the back up offer is for full price, another $5K over the purchase offer they accepted from me. Unless the sellers have an ounce of ethics and honor, the house will be sold to the other buyers despite all that I have done to have the house move-in ready. My bank can't close until at least the 30th or 31st and my purchase contract expires on the 27th. Yes, this is heart breaking but there are worse things in the world. I'll keep you posted. They may still agree to have me buy the house and pass up an extra $5K from the other buyer. In the meantime, my mom seems to really enjoy having me living in their basement! And so does their dog, Blue. He's a hound dog.