Comeback 2022 - week 13
First week of PT.
Like always, it seems the first part of PT is a waste of time.
Doc referred me to a different place than I usually go, so I don't get to see my favorite Amanda with the magic hands. This guy, Dalton, is pretty good though. He seems to know his stuff and was good at listening. Assorted tests to see where I'm weak and where things hurt under what conditions.
The IT Band is all scrunched up in the spot that bothers me the most, but he found what appears to be the root cause. One of the upper attachment points between it and the gluteus. Probably a small tear that hasn't healed because 1) I'm old; 2) I'm diabetic; 3) I've tried to run through it; and 4) I sit all day and that position seems to not be good for it.
So I've got a few of those immensely boring exercises and stretches to do for 6 or more weeks that will hopefully strengthen the surrounding areas while it finishes healing. Also, standing more during the day.
Trip to Idaho starting this afternoon with a truckload of odds and ends for the kids' new apartment. I used to make fun of parents that did things like this for their adult children. But here I am. Be there all week, then get back for just a few days before the trip to Boston. Busy April.
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman - Do yourself a favor and go read this. TODAY.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama - Fascinating, enlightening.
- Phantoms by Dean Koontz - Fun one.
- The Broken Kingdoms by NK Jemisin - Well done fantasy. One of the few African American fantasy authors out there. Book 2 of the series.
- The Kingdom of Gods by NK Jemisin - Book 3 of the series.
- The Intuitionist by Colson Whitehead - Mystery involving elevators. Didn't see that coming.
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells - Book 1 of a sci-fi multi volume series. Each book isn't long, but very entertaining.
- Artificial Condition by Martha Wells - Book 2.
- The House of Thunder by Dean Koontz - Gaslighting at it's finest.
- Three by Lars Kepler, my new favorite Scandinavian author - The Nightmare, The Fire Witness, and The Hypnotist. There are six more as soon as I can get to them.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now