Jump to content

Enough is enough


Keep Running Girl

485 views

 Share

I had a epiphany yesterday.  I need to make changes in my life and the only things stopping me are the excuses that I am making.  Which is to say, me.  
 

I keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.  I keep trying to tackle the list of things I am unhappy about with a list of intentions that I fail to follow through on.  Setting a high bar and then missing it.

So I woke up today, with one simple goal: avoid the couch.  I was just not going to sit.  Wake up, make coffee, feed the dogs, drink coffee, foot exercises, run.  That’s it.  It is simple if you don’t give yourself a moment to think about it.  Threasy peasy.  (Sigh… another Facebook casualty)
 

Then I saw the weather.  Forty and raining.  My nemesis.  
 

I thought about running and how cold and miserable I would be.  I tried to mentally assemble an outfit but nothing fits anymore.  I window shopped for a new running jacket while sipping my coffee and NOT SITTING ON THE DAMNED COUCH.  I pondered how I used to run in this weather.  I longed for the days when I was dedicated.  When running was easy.  
 

But running was never easy.  The easy part was that I used to not think about it.  Running was a given and everything else was moving pieces to make it happen.  Logistics.

I stopped thinking about it.

3M@10:43

  • Like 2
 Share

9 Comments


Recommended Comments

Great job being stronger than your excuses!! That's the way I trained for my April marathon. Even if I felt awful I would make myself get on my treadmill and I just started at a really slow pace. I usually ended up cranking up the pace and having a pretty good run.

Don't think. Just go.

 

Impossible.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, ocrunnergirl said:

Great job being stronger than your excuses!! That's the way I trained for my April marathon. Even if I felt awful I would make myself get on my treadmill and I just started at a really slow pace. I usually ended up cranking up the pace and having a pretty good run.

Don't think. Just go.

 

Impossible.jpg

I love that quote!! 
 

I need to keep this in the front of my mind.  Don’t think.  Just go.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Dave said:

Imagine me in your head, saying, "Get out there, LIz!"

I’ll do my best but you’ll need to speak louder than my warm comfy couch that says, “sit here and drink coffee.”

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Keep Running Girl said:

I’ll do my best but you’ll need to speak louder than my warm comfy couch that says, “sit here and drink coffee.”

GET THE HELL OUT THE DOOR AND RUN, LIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Maybe you start with a commitment to run 1 mile and see how it goes? Sometimes we longtime runners view 3 as an absolute minimum, but for the rest of the world, 3 can be long way. In any case, please be nice to yourself. ❤️

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/23/2021 at 10:09 AM, CompulsiveRunner said:

Maybe you start with a commitment to run 1 mile and see how it goes? Sometimes we longtime runners view 3 as an absolute minimum, but for the rest of the world, 3 can be long way. In any case, please be nice to yourself. ❤️

Thank you!! 😘

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...